The purpose of the Honorary Member category is to honor individuals who have a history of major, sustained contributions to the practice of printmaking based on work in their field as an artist, historian, curator, or related arts professional in any country.
2022 Leslie Jones, Los Angeles County Museum of Art
2022 Jean LaMarr wiki
2022 The San Francisco Poster Syndicate website
2019 Thomas Wojak website
2018 Dan Welden website
2017 Don and Era Farnsworth Magnolia Editions
2016 Liz Chalfin zea mays printmaking
2012 Mel Strawn
2011 John Buck website
2010 Enrique Chagoya website
2009 William T. Wiley website
2007 David Beronä
2006 Xavier Viramontes website
2005 Roy Ragle
2004 Juan Fuentes website
2003 Sherana Harriette Frances
2001 Archana Horsting Kala Institute
2000 Karin Breuer Achenbach Foundation
2000 Carol Summers
1999 Paul Cadmus
1999 Robert Blackburn
1998 John Ihle
1997 Karl Kasten
1996 Gordon W. Gilkey
1995 Wayne Thiebaud
1995 Scott Berglin
1994 Misch Kohn
1993 Beth Van Hoesen
1992 Kathan Brown Crown Point Press
1991 Richard Diebenkorn
1991 Nathan Oliveira
1990 Andrew Stasik
1988 Daniel Lienau Annex Gallery
1987 Lynwood Kreneck website
1987 Robert Flynn Johnson
1986 Moses Lasky
1980 Charlie Brown
- One or more printmakers, art historians, curators, or related arts professionals may be honored at a CSP annual meeting.
- Honorary members are nominated by current Artist members
- Current members of the CSP Board of Directors are not eligible for honorary status.
- Life-time paid CSP membership with all rights and privileges of CSP artist members
- Access to a broad base of independent printmakers
- Opportunity to participate in Society events such as exhibitions, studio visits, panel discussions
- Opportunity to join the CSP listserv for information on exhibition opportunities, exhibitions, printmakers in the news, printmaking materials for sale, workshops, etc.
- Receipt of all CSP publications and mailings
- Nominations are made in the form of a letter written under one or more signatures by CSP artist members, or CSP honorary members.
- Nomination packets should include one or more letters of support for the nomination, including why you feel your nominee should receive this award, the nominee’s biographical information, and any relevant supporting documentation. Supporting letters may be submitted by both members and non-members.
- Nomination packets may be submitted electronically via the CSP Submittable account.
- Nomination packs must be received no later than Feb. 1 for consideration in the current calendar year.
- The decision of the CSP Board of Directors is final.
Adopted by the CSP Board of Directors Aug. 19, 2014