CFE: “New Work” at Radius Gallery Annex
A group exhibition of the California Society of Printmakers in conjunction with their Annual Meeting at the Tannery Arts Center in Santa Cruz, California.
Juried by Ann Hazels, Director, Radius Gallery.
Exhibition: May 6–May 25, 2022
Venue: Radius Annex, a new exhibition space for wall work that sits adjacent to the main exhibition space.
Entry Deadline: April 8, 5pm Pacific Standard Time.
Delivery: April 30. Times TBD.
Shipping: Shipped work must arrive by April 27th. Address and information to be provided with the list of participating artists.
Installation: May 1–5
First Friday: May 6, 6:00–9:00pm
CSP Annual Meeting: May 14 in Radius Gallery
De-Installation: May 25–27. Times TBD
CONTACT: CSP member Margaret Niven
JURIED CALL FOR ENTRY
New Work is a juried group exhibition with an open call to CSP members.
Artists may submit work that promotes the practice and appreciation of fine art contemporary printmaking. All hand pulled printmaking media, with the exception of works that are solely digital or reproductions of other artworks will be considered. Radius Gallery will handle all exhibition marketing, labels, insurance, and title vinyl. Artist commission is 60% of the sale. Artists are responsible for delivery and pick-up of artwork.
- All work must be created in the last three years.
- All work must be for sale.
- One entry per applicant
- All work must be original
- All work must be 2D and framed. White or off white mats only. White, natural wood, black wood or very dark gray or black metal frames. Wire for hanging on the back.
- Largest frame dimension no more than 30”
- Entry fee, $5
- Deadline for entry Friday, April 8, 5:00 pm Pacific Standard Time
- Exhibition contract will be sent to selected artists with jury notification.
Radius Gallery is located at the Tannery Arts Center in Santa Cruz, California. The building is historic with exposed trusses, skylights, and concrete floors – great for installation and large sculpture. Radius is located on the ground floor, with an 8′ wide doorway and easy to access for delivery and pick up. The main exhibition space is 1600 feet. Radius Annex is a new exhibition space for wall work that sits adjacent to the main exhibition space. Gallery hours are Wednesday–Sunday 12–5 and by appointment.
ABOUT THE JUROR
Ann Hazels, Director of Radius Gallery. Ann Hazels balances her studio practice with her arts administration career through Artist in Residence programs and Artistic Programming and Development. She has worked with art non-profits and cultural organizations in Maryland, California, and China. She has over 20 years of experience coordinating artists in studio environments, exhibitions, and events. In 2008 she launched the Solo Gallery at Baltimore Clayworks, a 40–year-old arts organization. From 2012–14 she co-directed the Santa Cruz Institute of Contemporary Art. In 2014 she opened Radius Gallery at the Tannery Arts Center. Her curatorial work has expanded in this last decade to sign artists and pivot their careers.
- Open to all CSP artist, student, lifetime and honorary members who are current in their artist dues.
- Membership dues must be current for the past 3 years. Members may renew online by paying unpaid dues: www.caprintmakers.org/artists-annual-renewal.
Entries must be submitted using Submittable website and include the following:
- Upload one 5” x 7” image of your work at 300 dpi. Use the following naming convention: LastName_Title.
- Include title card info: Artist Name, Title, Medium, Dimensions H x W x D in inches, Year, Price.
- Size of FRAME (to help with gallery layout).
- Submit a short publication ready artwork statement (150 words or less).
- Submit a short publication ready artist bio (150 words or less).
- Select artwork delivery option: Drop off: April 30, times TBD. Shipping: Shipped work with return shipping paid label must arrive by April 27. Address and information to be provided with the list of participating artists.
- Work can be submitted via CSP’s Submittable