2021 Membership Engagement Grants
We are seeking proposals for member-initiated creative projects which engage the CSP membership. Projects are limited to your imaginations.
The Board of Directors will review proposals at the beginning of March, April and May; and select proposals for funding on a rolling timeline for three months, or until funds for this initiative are exhausted. When that happens we will let you know.
- Projects must engage a minimum of seven current CSP Members.
- Request for financial assistance between $250–$1,250
- Projects are to be initiated during 2021, and completed by the end of 2022. Extensions to the timeline will require a formal request to and approval of the board of directors.
- Completed projects will require official documentation in the form of a written report with images. Video is optional. Documentation may be published by CSP on a variety of platforms.
- If the project involves an edition, CSP will hold one copy for our archives at the Bancroft Library, UC Berkeley.
- Monies will be paid at project completion and will require: receipts and invoices; one from the edition, if the project is an edition; and submission of project documentation to the board of directors.
- This opportunity is open to all current Artist, Student, Lifetime and Honorary members.
Proposals need include the following:
(Submit as a single pdf file with items numbered and ordered as below. Incomplete proposals may not be considered.)
- Project Title
- Project Description
- Statement of the project’s value and/or interest to the larger CSP and/or additional printmaking communities
- Project Management Personnel and their email addresses (the person(s) submitting the proposal and their worker buddies)
- Number of CSP member participants
- How participants are selected to participate if a call, and/or names of participants if already selected
- Action plan / Project needs for success
- Additional CSP resources requested such as access to CSP accounts for Submittable, Zoom, Social Media; or the CSP Website
- Project Timeline
- Project Budget. Itemized. Include minimum amount needed to fund the project; whether the project will be co-funded by another entity or by the project participants, and if so by how much. Note: While current board members are encouraged to both participate in and manage projects, according to the CSP bylaws they are not eligible to receive compensation for services rendered. Article 3. Section D.
Proposal Evaluation Criteria:
- The number of CSP members that will be able to participate
- The number of CSP member participants involved in relation to the amount of funding requested
- The feasibility of project success based on the soundness of all elements of the project proposal
- The anticipated value and/or interest of the project to the larger CSP and additional printmaking communities
Submit proposals to: CSP Submittable account