- Click here to purchase Kindle edition for $24.99 through Amazon.com
- Click here to purchase Google Play edition for $28.44
- Click here to purchase iBook edition for $24.99 through Apple
- HARD COPIES SOLD OUT
California Society of Printmakers (CSP) is proud to announce the publication of its centennial book, California Society of Printmakers: One Hundred Years, 1913–2013. This 330 page book with more than 380 illustrations, designed by photographer and printmaker Joe Ramos, has 7 essays ranging from a short one pager to over 75 pages, from personal reflections to documented history, from a diversity of authors: Karin Breuer, Curator in Charge, Achenbach Foundation For Graphic Arts, Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco; Daniel Lienau, founder and proprietor of The Annex Galleries, Santa Rosa, CA; Art Hazelwood, printmaker, book artist, and independent curator, San Francisco, CA; Maryly Snow, emerita art librarian UC Berkeley, CSP Historian, and printmaker; Sylvia Solochek Walters, emerita professor of art, San Francisco State University and renown woodcut artist; Sherry Smith Bell, past CSP President and print publisher; and David R. Jones, Director, Anchor Graphics, Columbia College of Art, Chicago, IL. The essays are followed by a catalog of current 250 CSP artist and honorary members, followed by 8 appendices, a glossary, bibliography, and index.
We are pleased to announce that the California Society of Printmakers: One Hundred Years, 1913-2013 catalog was reviewed in the May – June 2014 issue of Art in Print.
Book Review of CSP Centennial Book Review
2014 Recipient of the Art Libraries Society of North America’s (ARLIS/NA) Worldwide Books Annual Publication Award.
Here are what the reviewers had this to say about the SOLD OUT book:
- Fantastic in all ways! Huge project, beautifully executed
- Well researched and written, beautifully illustrated
- A wonderful scholarly resource; extensive illustrations, appendices, glossary, and bibliography
- A major contribution; a valuable resource for individuals interested in print history
- A super fabulous record of CA Printmakers; an invaluable reference/record of the society that captures the history and the current state of an important organization
- Editorial work is impressive, in recruiting other contributors and even organizing the submission of artist statements and images from all current members
- Beautiful publication and an overall indispensable resource to the society
For more information contact editor Maryly Snow at moc.s1529618300oidut1529618300swons1529618300@ylyr1529618300am1529618300