Call for Entries: Mirrored Images at Pacific Grove Art Center
October 6: Opening date for entries on “submittable”. Approximately 30 works, which will be accepted on a FIRST COME FIRST SERVE BASIS.
October 15: Publicity deadline (deadline to be considered for postcard publicity)
November 15: Notification of accepted entries posted on CSP email listserve
December 15: All shipped work must be received at Pacific Grove Art Center
December 16: Artwork drop-off in Oakland (11:30am – 2:30 pm)
December 17: Artwork drop-off at Pacific Grove Art Center (noon – 3pm)
January 6: Opening Reception from 7pm – 9pm
February 24: Artwork pick up at Pacific Grove Art Center between noon and 4pm.
TBD: Artwork pick up in Oakland
For questions regarding drop off and pick up of artwork contact Gustavo Mora. Phone: (415) 828-9378. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Eligibility: California Society of Printmakers membership must be current.
Theme: Mirrored Images
Venue: Pacific Grove Art Center
568 Lighthouse Ave. | Pacific Grove, CA 93950
Website and map here: http://www.pgartcenter.org/contact.html
Commission: There is a 50% commission on artwork sales (10% to CSP and 40% to Pacific Grove Art Center).
Entries: CSP members may enter one work.
Entries must be submitted at www.californiasocietyofprintmakers.submittable.com/submit
and must include the following:
1. Upload a 5” x 7” image of one work at 300 dpi
2. Title Card Information
dimensions of image in inches (H x W)
3. Special Display Instructions (optional). Please note if work is sculptural/artist book/unframed
4. Size of FRAME
5. Submit a short statement about the work (50 words or less) and/or how the work relates to the theme using the “upload artist statement” icon of the upload documents tab. Your statement may be used for publicity so please proof read it carefully.
6. Submit a short bio (100 words or less). Your bio may be used for publicity so please proof read it carefully.
7. You will need to select the way that you will deliver your artwork (see “Delivery Options” below)
8. All entrants will be notified of entry results by email, and accepted entries will be posted on the CSP Facebook page: www.facebook.com/caprintmakers
9. Email any questions or concerns to *protected email*
REQUIREMENTS FOR ARTWORK:
1. Both 2-D and 3-D works (including sculpture and artist books) are acceptable. The size for wall hung work may not exceed 36” in any dimension.
2. All printmaking media, with the exception of works that are solely digital, are acceptable. Works may combine traditional printmaking techniques with digital or other media.
3. Artwork should be framed and displayed professionally. Color choice of mat and frame is subject to the artistʼs discretion.
4. NO LIMITS on date of creation/year artwork was completed
• Drop off work at Pacific Grove Art Center on Saturday December 17 between noon and 3pm.
Address: 568 Lighthouse Ave. | Pacific Grove, CA 93950
• Drop off work in Oakland on Friday December 16 between 11:30am and 2:30pm.
Address: 642 Alcatraz Ave. #101 | Oakland, CA 94609
Work must be wrapped in plastic or bubble wrap or in a box for transportation to Pacific Grove.
• Ship work to Gustavo Mora. Shipped work must arrive before December 15. All shipped work must have a pre-paid UPS or FedEx return shipping label included in the box. Work must be shipped in a sturdy, reusable container. Work that does not arrive by the shipping deadline will not be included in the exhibition.
Ship to: Gustavo Mora
642 Alcatraz Ave. #101
Oakland, CA 94609
For questions concerning delivery of artwork contact Gustavo Mora. Phone: (415) 828-9378. Email: *protected email*
Work can be submitted via the “submittable” website at: