OPEN TO CSP MEMBERS
Bridge ARTSpace Gallery
May 7, 2018 – May 25, 2018
April 19: Deadline for entries on “Submittable”.
May 3: All shipped work must be received at this address: Joanna Kidd, 712 Elmwood Drive, Davis CA 95616.
May 5: 11am – 1 pm drop off art works at Bridge ArtSpace: 23 Maine Avenue, Richmond CA 94804.
May 19: Opening Reception 3pm- 6pm.
TBD: Artwork Pickup.
ELIGIBILITY: Open to all CSP members who have paid their 2018, 2017 and 2016 dues.
Venue: Bridge ArtSpace, 23 Maine Avenue, Richmond CA 94804
Theme/Fee: Points of Departure: Artists are invited to exhibit a work that represents the current direction of their art practice, or a favorite piece that illustrates an important period or shift in the development of their work. There is no fee for this show.
Restrictions: Width should not exceed 32” framed.
Commission: There is a 40% commission on artwork sales (10% to CSP and 30% to Bridge ArtSpace).
Entries: CSP members may enter one work.
Entries must be submitted using “Submittable” website and must include the following:
1. Upload a 5” x 7” image of one work at 300 dpi
2. Artwork Label Information
Dimensions of image in inches (include all 3 dimensions if 3-D)
3. Special Display Instructions (optional). Please note if work is sculptural/artist book/unframed.
4. Size of FRAME
5. Submit a 50 word statement about the work. If relevant, please discuss how the piece represents a “point of departure” in the development of your work. Your statement may be printed in a show binder or used for publicity so please proof read it carefully.
6. Submit a short bio. Your bio may be printed in a show binder or used for publicity so please proof read it carefully.
7. You will need to select the way that you will deliver your artwork (see “Delivery Options” below).
8. Email any questions or concerns to Joanna Kidd moc.o1544934510ohay@15449345108112i1544934510koj1544934510.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ARTWORK:
1. Both 2-D and 3-D works (including sculpture and artist books) are acceptable. The frame size for wall hung work (or width of unframed work) may not exceed 32” in width. 3-D work not hung on wall may not exceed size of available pedestals. (Bridge ArtSpace has 3 pedestals with display area 12″ x 12″ that will be available on a first come first serve basis, based on the order that entries are submitted. If all pedestals have already been taken by other artists you will be notified and invited to submit a 2D work). Weight of wall hung work should not exceed 150 pounds.
2. All printmaking media, with the exception of works that are solely digital, are acceptable. Works may combine traditional printmaking techniques with digital or other media.
3. Framing: Artwork should be framed and displayed professionally.
4. Year Created: There are no restrictions on the year artwork was completed.
- Drop off work on May 5 11am – 1 pm.
Bridge ArtSpace, 23 Maine Avenue, Richmond CA 94804
Work that is not delivered by May 5 will not be included in the exhibition.
- Ship work to Joanna Kidd, 712 Elmwood Drive, Davis CA 95616
All shipped work must have a pre-paid UPS or FedEx return shipping label included in the box. Work must be shipped in a sturdy, reusable container. Work that does not arrive by the shipping deadline will not be included in the exhibition. Work must arrive by May 3.
Work can be submitted via submittable at: www.californiasocietyofprintmakers.submittable.com/submit