DEADLINE AUGUST 1st for
105th Annual Membership Exhibit
Piedmont Center for the Arts
September 14, 2018 – October 7, 2018
August 1: Deadline for entries on “Submittable”
September 5: All shipped work must be received .
September 9: 11am-1 pm drop off of art works to Piedmont Center for the Arts, 801 Magnolia Avenue, Piedmont, CA 94611
September 14: Opening Reception from 6pm-9pm
October 7: Closing Reception 12pm-2pm | Artwork Pickup 2pm-4pm
ELIGIBILITY: Open to all CSP members who are current in their artist dues.
Venue: Piedmont Center for the Arts, 801 Magnolia Ave, Piedmont, CA 94611 Piedmont website: http://www.piedmontcenterforthearts.org/
Award: One artist will be selected by CSP honorary member Dan Welden to receive the Awagami Paper Award (50 sheets of Awagami paper). The first 15 artists to enter will also receive a sample pack of Awagami paper.
Theme/Fee: There is no theme or fee.
Restrictions: Piedmont Gallery contract specifies: “No installation may protrude more than twelve inches (12″) from any wall. The Center reserves the right to reject the hanging of any artistic work depicting nude, or semi-nude figures or subjects of an extreme macabre nature (due to the weekly use of the Hall for children’s classes).”
Entries: CSP members may enter one work.
Entries must be submitted using “Submittable” website and must include the following:
1. Upload a 5” x 7” image of one work at 300 dpi
2. Artwork Label Information
Dimensions of image in inches (include all 3 dimensions if 3-D)
3. Special Display Instructions (optional). Please note if work is sculptural/artist book/unframed.
4. Size of FRAME
5. Submit a short statement about the work. Your statement will be printed in the show binder so please proof read it carefully.
6. Submit a short bio. Your bio will be printed in the show binder so please proofread it carefully.
7. You will need to select the way that you will deliver your artwork (see “Delivery Options” below).
8. Email any questions or concerns to Joanna Kidd moc.o1550804042ohay@15508040428112i1550804042koj1550804042.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ARTWORK:
1. Both 2-D and 3-D works (including sculpture and artist books) are acceptable. The frame size for wall hung work may not exceed 36” in any dimension. 3-D work if hung on the wall may not protrude more than 12″. 3-D work not hung on wall may not exceed size of available pedestals. (Piedmont has 3 pedestals of varying sizes: the smallest is 1.5’x 1.5′ and the largest is 3′ x 3′.)
2. All printmaking media, with the exception of works that are solely digital, are acceptable. Works may combine traditional printmaking techniques with digital or other media.
3. Framing: Artwork should be framed and displayed professionally.
4. Year Created: There are no restrictions on the year artwork was completed.
• Drop off work September 9, 11am-1pm
Address: Piedmont Center for the Arts, 801 Magnolia Avenue, Piedmont, Ca 94611
• Ship work
All shipped work must have a pre-paid UPS or FedEx return shipping label included in the box. Work must be shipped in a sturdy, reusable container. Work that does not arrive by the shipping deadline will not be included in the exhibition.Work must arrive by September 5.
Work can be submitted via submittable beginning May 19: www.californiasocietyofprintmakers.submittable.com/submit