Call for Entries: Beneath the Surface at Davis Art Center
October 7: Opening date for entries on “submittable”. Approximately 25 works, which will be accepted on a FIRST COME FIRST SERVE BASIS.
November 5: Notification of accepted entries posted on CSP email listserve
December 20: All shipped work must be received
January 3: Tuesday artwork Drop-Off in Oakland (11am – 2 pm)
January 4: Wednesday artwork Drop-Off at Davis Arts Center (10am – noon)
January 13: Opening Reception from 7pm – 9pm
January 28: Artwork Pickup at Davis Arts Center (10am – 2:30pm)
TBD: Artwork Pickup in Oakland
Eligibility: California Society of Printmakers membership must be current.
Theme: Beneath the Surface
Venue: Davis Arts Center
Website and directions here: http://www.davisartscenter.org/about/hours-location-directions/
Commission: There is a 50% commission on artwork sales (10% to CSP and 40% to Davis Arts Center).
Entries: CSP members may enter one work.
Entries must be submitted at www.californiasocietyofprintmakers.submittable.com/submit and must include the following:
1. Upload a 5” x 7” image of one work at 300 dpi
2. Title Card Information
dimensions of image in inches (H x W)
3. Special Display Instructions (optional). Please note if work is sculptural/artist book/unframed
4. Size of FRAME
5. Submit a short statement about the work (50 words or less) and/or how the work relates to the theme using the “upload artist statement” icon of the upload documents tab. Your statement may be used for publicity so please proof read it carefully.
6. Submit a short bio (100 words or less). Your bio may be used for publicity so please proof read it carefully.
7. You will need to select the way that you will deliver your artwork (see “Delivery Options” below)
8. All entrants will be notified of entry results by email, and accepted entries will be posted on the CSP Facebook page: www.facebook.com/caprintmakers
9. Email any questions or concerns to moc.o1555851303ohay@15558513038112i1555851303koJ1555851303
REQUIREMENTS FOR ARTWORK:
1. Both 2-D and 3-D works (including sculpture and artist books) are acceptable.There is no size limitation on work for this exhibition. The Davis Arts Center is very interested in showing work of all sizes, including large works and installation. We will make every attempt to include submitted work of all sizes (but there is a chance that we may contact you before your submission is accepted to request that you submit a smaller piece if the size of work prevents other artists from participating).
2. All printmaking media, with the exception of works that are solely digital, are acceptable. Works may combine traditional printmaking techniques with digital or other media.
3. Artwork should be framed and displayed professionally. Color choice of mat and frame is subject to the artistʼs discretion.
4. Year Created: NO LIMITS on date of creation/year artwork was completed.
• Drop off work in Oakland on January 3 (11am – 2 pm)
Address: 642 Alcatraz Ave. #101 | Oakland, CA 94609
WORK DROPPED OFF IN OAKLAND MUST NOT BE LARGER THAN 36”
Work must be wrapped in plastic or bubble wrap or packed in a box for transportation to Davis.
For questions concerning drop-off contact Gustavo Mora phone: (415) 828-9378 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Shipped work must arrive before December 20. All shipped work must have a pre-paid UPS or FedEx return shipping label included in the box. Work must be shipped in a sturdy, reusable container. Work that does not arrive by the shipping deadline will not be included in the exhibition.
712 Elmwood Drive
Davis, CA 95616
For questions concerning shipping contact Joanna Kidd phone: (530) 304-8577 | email moc.o1555851303ohay@15558513038112i1555851303koj1555851303
• Drop off work to Davis Arts Center on Wednesday January 4 between 10am and noon.
Address: 1919 F Street, Davis CA, 95616
Work can be submitted via submittable at: