The California Society of Printmakers (CSP) is a non-profit 501(c) arts organization which promotes the practice and appreciation of fine art contemporary printmaking in the West. Our mission is to support both the integrity of traditional printmaking and provide a home for artists exploring new directions in contemporary print methods. Currently, the CSP has a membership of nearly 250 artists, and welcomes new members each spring and fall. Though the majority of our members live and work in Northern California, membership is open to printmakers throughout the world.
- Sponsoring print exhibitions on a local, national and international level.
- Arranging educational activities for the public and technical workshop for members.
- Publishing an annual professional journal: The California Printmaker.
- Offering members and the public the opportunity to collect artworks at a modest rate.
- Maintaining an archive of fine art prints and print-related matter.
- Providing general printmaking information and resources through this website.