Membership in the CSP is open to artists from anywhere in the world who create hand-pulled prints. This includes artists who use traditional printmaking techniques, such as etching, lithography, relief printing, and silk screen. It also includes artists who make hybrid prints, monoprints, and artist books, so long as some hand printmaking is involved. Artists who use solely photographic or digital methods are not eligible for artist membership.
Artist Members are juried into the organization by a review committee of current and past members of the CSP Board. Artist Members are juried into the organization by current and past members of the CSP Board. Portfolio Reviews for membership are held twice a year (June 1 and December 31).
An application for artist membership requires the following.
- 10 images of recent work (within last 3 years)
- Artist Bio (1 page maximum)
- Artist Statement (1 page maximum)
- $35 application fee (non-refundable)
We recommend that you submit a cohesive body of similar work that demonstrates your personal vision, rather than a sampling of unrelated works.
Book artists should submit three books produced in the past three years. It is recommended that each book project have a minimum of 3 images submitted for review. Books must include at least one original print that meets the criteria above.
In reviewing your work, we will look at the following factors:
- Whether work demonstrates a professional level of proficiency in the medium submitted
- Whether work as a whole shows a consistent, well developed artistic vision.
Applicants will be notified within 30 days of the portfolio review deadline (June 1st and December 31st.) The $35 application fee is non-refundable. There is no limit on the number of times an artist may apply for membership. To begin the application process, please click on the submit button below.
SEE MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS HERE.
* For former members who wish to be reinstated, please follow the same portfolio review guideline above.